In a situation where a gas leak, fire, or explosion occurs; plumbers, gas company workers, contractors, and members of the public can be put in a situation with the potential for serious injury or death. Fires and gas explosions can occur due to negligence, accidents, arson or defective products. Only a qualified attorney can help you determine what steps you should take next.
Accidents Associated with Drilling and Fracking
Those who work in drilling or fracking are most likely to experience life-altering injuries. These accidents can lead to the following:
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed limbs or amputation by equipment failure or malfunction
- Fractured bones
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chemical and heat burns
- Blunt force head trauma or other trauma-causing brain issues
- Sickness from chemical or poisonous gas release
- Fatalities related to explosions and other catastrophic mishaps
When a gas explosion accident occurs, injuries are often severe. These accidents can cause temporary or permanent disability or even wrongful death.
Injuries Related to Natural Gas Explosion
On work sites there are safety measures that should always be in place, but sometimes that isn’t the case. There are many different hazards that come from natural gas caused injuries, such as:
- Burns from fire or explosion
- Injuries to the neck, back, or another body part due to malfunction
- Injuries to overworked or tired workers
- Serious injury due to a lack of safety devices or improper equipment
- Hearing loss or ear damage from high noise level equipment
- Injury caused by carelessness, negligence, or recklessness by poorly trained workers
- Injuries because of a lack of supervision and management
Taking Responsibility After an Accident
Since gas is highly dangerous, it’s important that all components associated with it be properly managed, maintained, and installed. When this is not done, it can lead to serious accidents like a gas explosion. When an equipment marketing company sends out a defective product or it is installed improperly, this can lead to major injuries.
Personal injury attorneys can help represent those who have been through a fire, gas leak, or explosion. These professionals will determine what occurred and who is liable for the accident. Once that is determined, those responsible can be required to account for the action or inaction. If you are ready to file a claim, an expert personal injury lawyer at Barovick Law can help you recover what you deserve.
We’re here to listen.
Please complete the form below or call 631.754.6382