Passionate Advocates for Your Case, Backed by Years of Experience in New York City and on Long Island
Undergoing any type of surgical procedure is already a stress-inducing proposition for most people. In ideal circumstances, the patient and their family will get a clear idea of the risks of the procedure and know what to expect. However, it can be difficult to plan for complications that arise due to preventable error or negligence on the part of the medical professionals themselves. Our surgical error attorneys on Long Island and in NYC have seen numerous cases like these and are prepared to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of Surgical Mistakes
The types of errors that we address are sometimes referred to as “never events,” because they should never have happened. These are the errors that were completely preventable. Johns Hopkins conducted a malpractice study that found that these types of events occur roughly 4,000 times a year.
Surgical mistakes we can help you seek compensation for include:
- Improperly sterilized equipment
- Operating on the wrong patient
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Improper use or administration of anesthesia
- Foreign objects left inside the patient
- Causing nerve damage or damage to internal organs
What Causes Surgical Errors?
There are numerous factors which could contribute to turning a routine surgery into a much more painful and dangerous prospect than it ever should have been.
Some of the most common causes of these mistakes include:
- Improperly trained surgical assistants or surgeons
- Inattentive medical professionals
- Poor communication between staff
- Rushed or reckless behavior from the surgeons
- Fatigued or otherwise negligent surgeons
- Inadequate or no pre-operative planning
Let Law Offices of Sandra M. Radna, P.C. Get to Work for You
If your surgeon or any member of your surgical team made a mistake that you are now having to live with, they should always be held accountable for their behavior. Our team of Long Island surgical errors attorneys understand the complex legal issues surrounding these cases and are prepared to provide you with the determined and thorough representation you deserve.
We’re here to listen.
Please complete the form below or call 631.754.6382