Have you or someone you love been the victim of police misconduct?
Have your civil rights been violated? This includes everything from a wrongful arrest to excessive force such as unjustified police shootings or police brutality. At Law Offices of Sandra M. Radna, P.C., we can offer the assistance you need. Our attorneys are happy to represent those who have had their rights violated and will fight to get you the best results.
Understanding Your Civil Rights
The United States Constitution includes several civil rights that are guaranteed for citizens of the country. When police misconduct occurs, it is often based on specific civil rights. You should be aware of your rights so you can do something if they are violated by a member of law enforcement. Common civil rights involved in legal cases include:
The First Amendment – This amendment guarantees freedom of speech and keeps citizens safe from retaliation based on that speech. This is often associated with cases involving whistleblowers, which are also called a qui tam lawsuit.
The Fourth Amendment – This protects you from illegal seizures, searches, and police brutality. We’ve represented many clients in these cases, along with wrongful conviction and unlawful arrest cases, which are violations of the fifth and fourteenth amendments.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 – This act prohibits state and federal government and employers from discriminating based on sex, color, race, religion, or national origin. This act is often a part of employment law cases.
Common Forms of Civil Rights Violations and Police Misconduct
When you work with our team, we will work to help you get the appropriate damages for police misconduct or civil rights violations. We have experience with civil rights cases involving many types of fraud and misconduct by police, including the following:
- Unlawful Searches and Seizures – If your car, home, or other property was illegally searched and you have charges based on that search, we can help. Our experience can help you win your case.
- Unlawful Arrests – Those who have been falsely accused or unlawfully arrested need the assistance of a talented attorney. We’ll fight for your justice throughout the case.
- Wrongful Convictions – If you are wrongfully convicted, you can’t get back the time you spend in prison. However, you may be entitled to damages based on being locked up for a crime you did not commit.
- Police Brutality – If you’ve been the victim of police brutality, you need a top-notch attorney with resources to help you fight. We offer free consultations to help you determine your options.
- Police Shootings – When someone is shot by a police officer without justification, it’s important to fight for justice. We’ll help you form a case with expert testimony and more.
Fight for Your Rights Today
If you or someone you love has experienced police misconduct, the team at Law Offices of Sandra M. Radna, P.C. is here to help you. We offer high-quality representation and have an excellent record of success. If you feel your rights have been violated, get in touch with us today. You can contact us on our website or by phone at (631) 754-6382.
We’re here to listen.
Please complete the form below or call 631.754.6382